CONTINENTAL XXXX Z

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

KSWSLW
United States of America

CONTINENTAL XXXX Z

Post by KSWSLW »

Fun machine to play, especially when you hit the BONUS rounds. Digittal voice tells you to push stop buttons in certain order to win coins in bonus round. In Big Bonus round, 10, 20 or even over 100 spins are possible. 4th wheel, when activated, adds a certain excitement to game.
Timuu-kun

Post by Timuu-kun »

My statistics teacher has one of these in his room...all the instructions are Japanese (of course), but here's what I understand about how it works:

Can play with 1, 2, or 3 credits. More lines become active per credit.

Each reel can be stopped separately, so there is some skill involved.

Sometimes, randomly, and without warning, a fourth reel with images on it spins around at the start of play, accompanied by sound effects, to indicate the start of several different bonus modes. They are: Cherry/Jac (higher probability of getting a replay that round), X (get three "XXXX"'s in a row and a bigger bonus round starts), XXXX (get three "XXXX"'s in a row to reactivate the larger X mode), Chance (Not entirely sure what it does, but likely increases the probability of getting a larger bonus), and BIG CHANCE (Increases the probability of getting 777's)

If you succeed in getting three XXXX's when the X placard is displayed, you can enter one of two larger bonus rounds:

Rush apple mode: The machine tells you a color, and if you stop the machine on that color apple, you win a free game in addition to the 15 coin apple payout. Can go on for several rounds.

There's one more mode, too, which I've never achieved. Don't know how it works.

If you get 777's (of the same color), the machine begins to play loud music and you enter a series of bonus rounds that seem like Cherry/Jac and Rush Apple mode tied into one (if it doesn't start telling you colors, you're almost assured to hit three Jac's on each spin. Jac's pay 15 coins in this mode, as do apples). Will usually freeze and wait for a reset a few rounds into this mode.

Overall, a fun diversion (especially considering the fact that my stat teacher gives me one spin per day, and will cancel homework if I get three apples, and cancel the entire class for the day should I get three sevens). I've only ever won once...but it was quite a show when it happened.