This is very tempting!

Discussion of the other round ball phenomenon

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Devospeed

This is very tempting!

Post by Devospeed »

I found this on the Craig list and its about 10 miles from me! Its the perfect size for the space I have. Anybody ever seen one of these?
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/617344977.html
METZ

Post by METZ »

looks neat!!
I dont think it was put out by the "big guys" but if the price is right :wink:
ImageImageImage
JMSVERO

Post by JMSVERO »

Looks like it could be some fun. Location is near my old stomping ground. I am originally from the Pittsburgh area, but we moved to Greenville Pa while I was in Jr. High. If the price is right, go for it.
Jeff
outdoorenth

Post by outdoorenth »

Looks neat. They said it might have tech problems, so consider that if you give them an offer.
www.BlueHotaru.com
Great prices on all pachislo and pachinko machines and accessories.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

That is the problem with those "made for home" pinball machines. They were not made with the highest quality parts. I had one as a kid growing up and it did not last too long before it had "issues".
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

This looks to be a low maintenance machine. The ball acts as a conductive switch for the pop bumpers, eliminating many parts. the flippers are inter connected as well. Both flip at the same time? you could play it one handed.
From IPDB.org
Pop bumpers, slingshots and rollovers are "switchless," using the conductive properties of the ball to connect two electrical contacts. While a slight bit clunky for response, this made for a very low maintenance machine. Slingshot "rubbers" are actually metal springs, which act as contacts.
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=demolitio ... quick#4891
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Gman wrote:This looks to be a low maintenance machine. The ball acts as a conductive switch for the pop bumpers, eliminating many parts. the flippers are inter connected as well. Both flip at the same time? you could play it one handed.
From IPDB.org
Pop bumpers, slingshots and rollovers are "switchless," using the conductive properties of the ball to connect two electrical contacts. While a slight bit clunky for response, this made for a very low maintenance machine. Slingshot "rubbers" are actually metal springs, which act as contacts.
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=demolitio ... quick#4891
Thanks, Mike
I decided to pass on the machine. I need to finish some of my projects I've started and never finished!
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

So the wife said no eh? Image
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Chris wrote:So the wife said no eh? Image
Yes! :cry: She gave me the third degree on having all these machines here already! Besides I need to build a cabinet for the new Pachinko!